South Side Spaces is seeking a full-time Assistant Property Manager!
About the Role
We’re looking for a detail-oriented people-person, capable of handling ongoing administrative tasks and maintaining an upbeat attitude in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, adaptive problem-solver that espouses South Side Spaces’ vision of progress and development in south St. Louis. Primary responsibilities will include marketing available spaces, facilitating all aspects of a real estate transaction from tour to lease, coordinating maintenance with tenants and contractors, and managing receipts, bills, and other documents. Typical working hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.
- Schedule and conduct showings of available properties with prospective tenants.
- Market available spaces on housing sites, including adjusting prices based on market conditions.
- Coordinate with contractors, vendors, and tenants on maintenance and projects.
- Treat tenant concerns with the utmost level of care and concern and deliver superior customer service on a daily basis.
- Build lasting, meaningful relationships with tenants and community members.
- Send monthly invoices, ensure timely collection of rent payments, and coordinate lease renewals.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls.
- Receive, organize, and digitize all receipts, bills, and other documents.
- Run occasional errands, including biweekly bank deposits, and frequent meetings with contractors and maintenance crew.
- Assist the Property Manager and Project Manager with a variety of projects.
- A strong sense of civic pride and a desire to improve the City of St. Louis.
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and over the phone.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to set and follow policies and procedures regarding showings, filing, and expense tracking.
- Working knowledge of Federal Fair Housing laws or the ability to take the necessary coursework upon being hired.
- Minimum of 4 years of administrative, customer service, or comparable experience.
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google products.
- Reliable transportation.
- Leasing experience or familiarity with the housing process is a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp, and Quickbooks Desktop is a plus.
- Three weeks of paid vacation time.
- Ample opportunities to learn about all aspects of the real estate, leasing, and development sides of the business.
- Hone your marketing, administrative, and other skills with access to superior tools and training.
- Awesome coworkers who care tremendously about their work, their community, and each other.
- Work as part of a small, independent team.
- Dedicated office with access to all of the amenities that Nebula has to offer.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us why you’d be a good addition to our team, why you are interested in this job and this company specifically, and how you have successfully built relationships and delivered superior customer service in the past. The subject line of the email should read SOUTH SIDE SPACES ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER. Email only – no phone calls, please.