South Side Spaces is seeking a full-time Construction Laborer!
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, responsible, and reliable construction laborer looking to contribute to the revitalization of our neighborhoods as part of a small construction team. Our renovations range from studio apartments to large commercial spaces.
- Assist with and execute a variety of tasks related to the renovation or construction of a building from start to finish, primarily in the fields of demolition, framing, and drywall
- Arrive on-time ready to hit the ground running each day
- Transport tools and materials between job-sites
- Take direction from Project Manager and Construction Foreman on individual jobs
- Communicate status updates and task completion to Project Manager and Construction Foreman
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling and storing materials properly, removing trash and debris when necessary, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis
- Working knowledge and competency in the fields of demolition, framing, drywall, and painting; experience in specialized fields such as flooring, tuckpointing, plumbing, and/or electrical are a plus
- Ability to safely operate a variety of tools, as well as comfort with climbing ladders and working on rooftops
- Take pride in and ownership of all work performed and the condition of each project
- Self-driven individual with the ability and discipline to work independently
- A smartphone and basic comprehension of mobile applications
- Must be able to comfortably lift and carry 50 lbs consistently throughout the work day
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (truck or van preferred)
- At least two years of construction experience (or equivalent)
Preference will be given to those residing in the City of St. Louis. Pay commensurate with experience. All employees are covered by Worker’s Compensation insurance. However, as a small business, we are unable to offer health insurance. Standard work hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
How to Apply
Send resume and/or a summary of your qualifications via email to email@example.com. Subject of the email should read CONSTRUCTION LABORER POSITION. Email only – no phone calls, please.