South Side Spaces is seeking a full-time General Laborer!
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, responsible, and reliable construction laborer looking to contribute to the revitalization of our neighborhoods as part of a small construction team. Our renovations are primarily located in Gravois Park near Cherokee and Jefferson and range in size and style. Spaces include an eclectic mix of artist studios, retail storefronts, office spaces, and affordable, high-quality residential apartments and homes, among others.
- Assist with and execute a variety of tasks related to the renovation or construction of a building from start to finish, primarily in the fields of demolition, framing, and drywall
- Perform occasional routine and preventative maintenance in tenant-occupied spaces in a professional manner
- Arrive on-time ready to hit the ground running each day
- Transport tools and materials between job-sites and run supply errands as needed
- Take direction from Project Manager and Construction Foreman on individual jobs
- Communicate status reports, task completion, safety and compliance information, and other updates to Project Manager and Construction Foreman
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe and clean job site by handling and storing materials properly, removing trash and debris when necessary, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis
- Working knowledge and competency in the fields of demolition, framing, drywall, and painting; experience in specialized fields such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, tuckpointing, and/or tile work is a plus
- Ability to safely operate a variety of tools, as well as comfort with climbing ladders and working on rooftops
- Take pride in and ownership of all work performed and the condition of each project
- Self-driven individual with the ability and discipline to work independently
- A smartphone and basic comprehension of mobile applications
- Must be able to comfortably lift and carry 50 lbs consistently throughout the work day
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- At least two years of construction experience (or equivalent)
- Two weeks of paid vacation time, increasing with tenure
- Seven paid holidays throughout the year
- Annual bonus for carrying own health insurance
Preference will be given to those residing in the City of St. Louis. Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation time and other perks at the conclusion of a 60-day training & probationary period. All employees are covered by Worker’s Compensation insurance. However, as a small business, we are unable to offer health insurance. Standard work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with two paid ten-minute rest periods and a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
How to Apply
Send resume and/or a summary of your qualifications via email to email@example.com. Subject of the email should read GENERAL LABORER POSITION. Please include mention of your pay expectations/requirements. Due to the volume of applications typically received, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch by email – no phone calls, please.