South Side Spaces is seeking a Project Manager!
About the Role
We’re looking for an avid learner with a passion for old buildings and a sharp eye for details. They will value quality construction, community building, and relationships while setting and adhering to deadlines and budgets. In leading by example, they’ll set a high standard for professionalism and order in a construction environment, and spot potential problems and critical paths before they turn into delays. Most importantly, they’ll play a pivotal role in revitalizing dilapidated and forgotten buildings back to their former glory.
Primary responsibilities will include the execution of all steps required on a construction project from conception to completion. This includes the development of and adherence to budgets and schedules, soliciting bids from contractors, coordination and oversight of daily operations on job-sites, and ensuring compliance with building and safety regulations.
This is a full-time position with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with subcontractors; competitively solicit, compare, and negotiate bids from subcontractors, and evaluate each for accuracy and quality
- Conduct daily site visits and ensure subcontractors’ compliance with architectural plans, contracted agreements, budgets, and schedules
- Schedule and lead regular meetings with the project owner, project coordinator, architect, operations manager, etc. to discuss project progress, budget, and schedule
- Adhere to, manage, and update project budget; process disbursement requests and change orders in a timely manner
- Direct, coordinate with, and oversee the construction crew on a variety of tasks including construction projects and tenant maintenance requests
- Maintain proper documentation, including up-to-date project budgets, schedules, subcontractor paperwork, and receipts
- Take pride in and ownership of all work performed and the condition of each property; ensure the utmost level of professionalism and job-site cleanliness on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of what makes a successful construction project in terms of financials, materials, trades, and schedule
- BS/BA in Architecture, Engineering, Building Science, or related field, or 4+ years of experience in project management, historic preservation, or architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of architectural plans
- Previous experience in a leadership role, with the ability to be self-motivated and highly organized
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively on a job-site, occasionally in unfinished spaces not serviced by heat or air conditioning
- Thorough understanding of MS Office and Google products, as well as the capacity to learn and master new technology and tools
- Familiarity with state and federal tax credit programs is a plus
- Familiarity with the 2018 International Building Code as adopted by the City of St. Louis is a plus
- Three weeks of paid vacation time, increasing with tenure
- Seven paid holidays throughout the year
- Get a head start on the weekend during Summer Fridays – we close early on the first Friday of the spring and summer months!
- Unwind and unplug with an annual AirBnB voucher
- Annual budget to spend-on-the-street and support fellow Cherokee businesses at your discretion
- Monthly stipend towards the mental or physical health services of your choosing, including gym memberships, therapy, acupuncture, yoga, life coaching, and massages
- Annual bonus for carrying own health insurance
- Awesome coworkers who care tremendously about their work, their community, and each other
- Work as part of a small, independent team
- Dedicated workspace with access to all of the amenities that Nebula has to offer
Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation time and other perks at the conclusion of a 60-day training & probationary period. As a small business, we are regrettably not able to offer health insurance at this time.
How to Apply
Visit southsidespaces.com/apply to submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, mention the position you are applying for and tell us why you’d be a good addition to our team, as well as why you are interested in this job and this company specifically. Due to the volume of applications typically received, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch by email – no phone calls, please.