South Side Spaces is seeking a Property Manager!
About the Role
We’re looking for a detail-oriented people-person, capable of handling ongoing administrative tasks and maintaining an upbeat attitude in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and dependable individual that espouses South Side Spaces’ vision of progress and development in south St. Louis. The Property Manager will function as a devoted resource to tenants and customers. No two tenants, maintenance requests, or buildings are alike; a successful Property Manager will proactively, independently, assertively, and adaptively solve problems within existing systems.
Primary responsibilities will include marketing available spaces, facilitating all aspects of a real estate transaction from tour to lease, coordinating maintenance with tenants and contractors, ensuring the timely collection of rent payments, and accounting for receipts, bills, and other documents. Our small team manages all aspects of business operations and property management. This position also offers exposure to and an opportunity to learn more about property development, community building, historic renovations, project management, and more.
This is a full-time position with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Schedule and conduct showings of available properties with prospective tenants; maintain stable occupancy rates
- Market available residential & commercial spaces, including adjusting prices based on market conditions
- Facilitate move-in/move-out procedures, including assessing residential & commercial properties for maintenance needs, and coordinate lease renewals
- Coordinate with contractors, vendors, and tenants on maintenance and projects; manage ongoing services for cleaning, landscaping, and more
- Build lasting, meaningful relationships with tenants and community members
- Ensure timely collection of rent payments, and pursue outstanding balances when necessary
- Receive, organize, and digitize all receipts, bills, and other documents
- Report on the company’s financial status, including vacancy/occupancy reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and profit & loss statements
- Resolve tenant disputes with grace, diplomacy, and compassion
- Run occasional errands and attend occasional off-site meetings with contractors and/or maintenance crew
- Manage web content, social media marketing, and email campaigns
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in real estate, leasing, property management, or comparable field/experience
- A strong sense of civic pride and a desire to improve the City of St. Louis
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and over the phone
- Outstanding attention to detail and superb memory for people, names, addresses, and more
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to set and follow policies and procedures regarding application processing, tours, document filing, and expense tracking
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google products
- Ability to learn and master new tools, apps, and technology
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work, as well as between properties throughout the day
- Working knowledge of Federal Fair Housing laws or the ability to take the necessary coursework upon being hired
- Missouri Real Estate Salesperson license or the ability to take the necessary coursework and obtain licensure upon being hired
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus but not required
- Three weeks of paid vacation time, increasing with tenure
- Seven paid holidays throughout the year
- Get a head start on the weekend during Summer Fridays – we close early on the first Friday of the spring and summer months!
- Unwind and unplug with an annual AirBnB voucher
- Annual budget to spend-on-the-street and support fellow Cherokee businesses at your discretion
- Monthly stipend towards the mental or physical health services of your choosing, including gym memberships, therapy, acupuncture, yoga, life coaching, and massages
- Annual bonus for carrying own health insurance
- Awesome coworkers who care tremendously about their work, their community, and each other
- Work as part of a small, independent team
- Dedicated workspace with access to all of the amenities that Nebula has to offer
Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation time and other perks at the conclusion of a 60-day training & probationary period. As a small business, we are regrettably not able to offer health insurance at this time.
How to Apply
Visit southsidespaces.com/apply to submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, mention the position you are applying for and tell us why you’d be a good addition to our team, as well as why you are interested in this job and this company specifically. Due to the volume of applications typically received, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch by email – no phone calls, please.