South Side Spaces is seeking a Leasing Agent!
About the Role
The leasing agent will spend their day aiding tenants past, present, and future with a variety of needs. Primary responsibilities will include marketing available spaces, fielding leasing inquiries by phone and email, conducting tours, and executing lease agreements. Our small team manages all aspects of business operations and property management. This position also offers exposure to and an opportunity to learn more about property development, property management, community building, historic renovations, project management, and more.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week. While most tours are conducted on-site and in-person, some administrative tasks may be completed from home or from the company’s offices at Nebula.
- Schedule and conduct showings of available properties with prospective tenants
- Market available residential spaces, including suggesting price adjustments prices based on market conditions
- Facilitate move-in/move-out procedures, including assessing properties for maintenance needs
- Proactively coordinate and execute lease renewals
- Manage a database of leads and up-to-date tenant information
- Build lasting, meaningful relationships with tenants and community members
- Assist the Property Manager and Project Coordinator with a variety of tasks and projects, and provide administrative support to each
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and over the phone
- Outstanding attention to detail and superb memory for people, names, addresses, and more
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work, as well as between properties throughout the day
- A strong sense of civic pride and a desire to improve the City of St. Louis
- At least one year of experience of doing something interesting
- Working knowledge of Federal Fair Housing laws or the ability to take the necessary coursework upon being hired
- Familiarity with each WordPress and Buildium is a plus but not required
This is a part-time position that pays $15/hour, with a potential for additional hours seasonally or as buildings are added to the portfolio.
How to Apply
Visit southsidespaces.com/apply to submit your resume and cover letter. Due to the volume of applications typically received, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch by email – no phone calls, please.