South Side Spaces is seeking a Property Services Coordinator!
About the Role
We’re looking for someone with a passion for old buildings and a sharp eye for details. They will take pride in transforming a reported problem into a job well done. They will value organization, community building, and relationships, all while scheduling and coordinating a variety of tasks and projects. Primarily responsibilities will include the execution of all steps related to tenant-reported and preventative maintenance, including delegation to subcontractors, prioritization of projects, and maintaining supplies.
As part of our small team, this role will have exposure to a variety of other important pieces of the historic preservation puzzle, including leasing, marketing, and construction, with the opportunity for growth into one or more of those realms with tenure.
- Promptly respond to maintenance requests from tenants; proactively update tenants about the status of their work orders
- Efficiently schedule, prioritize, and delegate maintenance tasks to technicians and/or subcontractors
- Diligently update internal communication tools in real-time to ensure effective communication between all parties involved (building owner, tenant, property manager, maintenance technician, etc.)
- Regularly maintain inventory of a variety of items – including cleaning supplies, keys, and tools – at South Side Spaces’ primary facility, Schoolhouse, and other buildings
- Solicit, compare, and negotiate bids from subcontractors when necessary for larger maintenance items, small projects, and preventative maintenance needs
- Maintain proper documentation, including subcontractor paperwork and receipts; submit bills for payment upon completion of work
- Schedule and coordinate recurring preventative maintenance; keep an active eye on property needs and proactively schedule maintenance as needed
- On occasion, conduct basic troubleshooting steps and/or investigate reported issues on-site to pinpoint specific maintenance needs prior to delegating to a subcontractor
- Participate in monthly construction meetings, providing insight and expertise on the building’s future needs from a maintenance perspective
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with tenants and subcontractors alike
- Take pride in and ownership of all work performed and the condition of each and every property; likewise, treat each tenant request with the utmost level of care and concern to ensure that requests are handled compassionately and professionally
- Familiarity with and understanding of the basic building blocks and components of a building and its systems (professionally or otherwise)
- Experience in the fields of customer service, hospitality, administration, real estate, and/or comparable industry
- Willingness and eagerness to learn and adapt as building inventory grows and changes
- Superior attention to detail with a memory for people, names, addresses, places, and more
- Ability to respond to and delegate the occasional emergency maintenance request outside of standard business hours (expected to be less than two instances per month)
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and over the phone, as well as the ability to speak and connect with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Ability to set and follow policies and procedures regarding task delegation and documentation
- Reliable transportation to work each day, as well as between properties throughout the work day
- A strong sense of civic pride and a desire to improve the City of St. Louis
- At least two years of experience doing something interesting or impactful
- Familiarity with any or all of the following systems is a plus but not required: Buildium, Slack, Asana, G-Suite
- Three weeks of paid vacation time, increasing with tenure
- Ten paid holidays throughout the year
- Get a head start on the weekend during Summer Fridays – we close early on the first Friday of every month (even when it’s not actually summer)
- Unwind and unplug with an annual AirBnB voucher
- Annual budget to spend-on-the-street and support fellow Cherokee businesses at your discretion
- Monthly stipend towards the mental or physical health services of your choosing, including gym memberships, therapy, acupuncture, yoga, life coaching, massages, and/or health insurance
- One “Companion Pass” at Nebula, which is a free drop-in membership assigned to an individual of your choosing
- Dedicated workspace with access to all of the amenities that Nebula has to offer
- Awesome coworkers who care tremendously about their work, their community, and each other
This is a full-time role with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. Our properties are concentrated in South City near the commercial corridors of Cherokee, Chippewa, and Jefferson; due to the nature of the position, most work will need to be conducted on-site from our offices located at Schoolhouse. Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation time and other perks at the conclusion of a 60-day training & probationary period.
How to Apply
Visit southsidespaces.com/apply to submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, mention the position you are applying for and tell us why you’d be a good addition to our team, as well as why you are interested in this job and this company specifically. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch by email – no phone calls, please.